Monday, November 26, 2007

Savor the Holidays

Had a great Thanksgiving holiday with my family. As always I stuffed myself and swore I wouldn't eat for a week, only to have dinner three hours later. We spent some time that night playing rummy. Now you have to understand that we take our rummy very serious...we even have a trophy that the winner keeps until we get together for another "sanctioned" game. My lovely wife Holly has recently started blogging, you can go here to check out some specifics of our rummy.

So now it's officially the Christmas season...and I love it! Every year I try to really savor every moment of the holiday and not wish it away. I'm not a huge fan of shopping in a crowded mall, but I sure do enjoy it around during Christmas time...even if I am just window shopping. I want to savor all the people that we'll be with...savor all the different celebrations...savor all the times of worship that we'll experience here at our church...and I especially want to savor time with Holly and Bryan.

Make sure you do the same! Savor the Holidays...it's all about Jesus.

No comments: