Friday, June 13, 2008

40th Birthday Part 2

Last Saturday we all headed up to Lexington for a ole college friends 40th surprise birthday party. Kim Coffey and I have known each other since way back in the college days...long time ago!

She turned 40 June 12th, so her hubby (one of my best friends) planned a surprise party for her. So as we get up to where the party is...I walk in and hear a big "SURPRISE!!" Huh?? I thought they were practicing for Kim or something, but noooo. It was for real. My buddy Robo and Holly had been in on a little dual surprise b-day planning...and dang I was surprised. Friends from all over were there for Kim and I. Apparently they surprised her at 2pm...and then I arrived at 3pm...crazy day!

A great time had...they had a cool birthday cake with some old pictures from way back when. I'm actually holding a wooden duck in mine. Don't know why, but just proud to be holding a duck.

Thanks to the sneakiness of Holly-bird and Robo...you guys really got me good! Now stop doing that!

3 comments:

Robo said...

party cake and snacks- 50 dollars.

gas money to get to the party- probably more than the cake and snacks

The expression on your and Kim's face- priceless.

We love you guys

+ Alan said...

Man, I'm sorry I couldn't make it that day. I had told Holly I'd try to be there at your surprise part but I mis-thought about when my son's baseball game was. Anyway, happy birthday! Sounds like you're gettin' ol.... wait! I'm older than you are! Holy crap! I think we're just "mature men" now - how about that? Peace to you guys.

Lydia said...

something tells me they're never going to stop doing things like that to you, Jeff--neither one of them.