Monday, June 02, 2008

Basement Progress Report Part 3?


Da Basement is getting closer and closer to completion. Here's what's happened since the last report.
-All framing is finished
-Lights, Plugs, Switches, etc. all wired (and working)
-Bathroom plumbing is roughed in...
-HVAC work is complete

Tomorrow sometime the electrical inspector will come by and check out our handy work. I'm a little nervous about him coming...not sure why...maybe it's just one of those "someone checking your work out things."

A H-U-G-E thanks to my good friend Mike McMahan. He has been the brains behind all of this...I've just been a grunt guy. Although I have learned how to wire plugs, lights, etc. My framing skills have improved a couple of notches. We've had a really good time working on this together. Not only have almost finished a basement...we've solved many problems of the world with our conversations.

A couple other KUDOS to some co-laborers and good buddies: Bart Bowman & Steve Hagan are framing / wiring experts! My neighbor Darryl across the street has helped with our entire bathroom...sweating pipes, setting tubs, etc. Thanks Fellas!

One half of the basement will be a media room. There's an office area as you first enter into the basement. Then there's the rec room...it will be themed with nothing but Louisville Cardinal stuff! We're looking for a pool table too!

The next step after the inspection tomorrow is drywall. I've hired this out...don't really want to mess with drywall...afraid I'd really screw it up! Drywall should be ready to paint by next Monday or Tuesday. After that it's all gravy stuff (paint, trim, move furniture, hang lights, etc.)

I gotta say...I've really enjoyed taking this project on myself. It's been a bit time consuming, but it's been a nice change of pace working on something and seeing immediate results. It's gratifying!

I'll keep ya posted! Anybody want to help paint?

2 comments:

Robo said...

I'm available to paint when needed.
I should be free on Saturdays and Sundays.
By the way, you still going to Ichthus?

Jeff Prosser said...

no ichthus this year...Bryan is coming home from camp on Friday of ichthus, so we are going to skip out this year. You guys going?