Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My baby boy...

Monday afternoon Bryan left for middle school camp along with a good ole group of "middle schoolers" and his new youth minister. This is the first summer in 18 years that I haven't gone to summer camp as a youth minister...kinda weird, kinda odd. And 'yes' I do miss youth ministry...it will always be in my blood.

Anyhoo...it struck me Monday when me and Bryan grabbed some lunch at McDonalds...I mean it struck me hard up side my head..."my baby boy isn't a baby boy no more!" I'm not sure what it was, but when I went to sit down with him for lunch I looked at him and thought, "When did Bryan seem to be so much older to me?"

We've missed him this week (and it's only Tuesday!). I know some parents love a little break from their "young-lings." Nope, not me...I was missing him when they pulled out of the parking lot Monday afternoon.

I love this picture of him...it simply yells out LOOKING FOR A WILD ADVENTURE!! It was his own invention that has been hilarious to watch.

I love my little boy

2 comments:

Bird's Words said...

we must have been thinking the same thing. I just posted on this too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,

It's David Hafley. I stumbled on your blog from Stephanie Champion's blog which I found on her facebook page (whew).

I remember a summer camp long ago to Blue Ridge, Georgia in the early summer of 1996. I rode in the back of a black Geo Prism while listening to the Duke's of Hazzard theme song 100 times. I don't hear that song without thinking about that trip.

I just found you on thefacebook. Wow, technology. Just keeps me shaking my head...