Saturday, December 24, 2005

Family Packed Weekend

Friday afternoon my family came down to spend a portion of the weekend with us. My mom, sister, brother-in-law (Pirate Jim), nephew and niece all from the Louisville / Taylorsville area. We ate...and ate...and then a little later ate some more. Played our traditional game of rummy. Rummy, by the way is a big deal in my family...about three years ago we purchased a mouse figurine, type thing (see pic)...whoever wins at rummy whenever we get together, gets to keep the mouse and bragging rights until we play again. My nephew Aaron won this time, he's a pretty decent player, but he shouldn't get too attached to the mouse.




We exchanged some gifts, watched "Elf", laughed and ate some more! Just a great time together.



Tonight our church at First Baptist had a great Christmas Eve service...a wonderful time of reading scripture, singing carols, thinking, praying, reflecting on what Christmas is all about. My mind still cannot comprehend that God wanted to provide a way for me to know Him and He did that through His son Jesus. What a sacrifice! Philippians 2:5-8 sums it all up. "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus; Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made Himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross."

Merry Christmas everyone! We'll be heading up to Louisville tomorrow after church...I'll do some posting when we return.

4 comments:

+ Alan said...

Merry Christmas to the Prossers! Sounds like a good time.

And dude, that mouse thing is creepin' me out - eeeee - I think I'd try and lose so I wouldn't have to look at that thing.

Anonymous said...

The Preuett family will be hanging onto the mouse for some time now. It really is a cool thing to have. It's definitely unique, that's for sure! How many people do you know that have a mouse trophy???

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,
It looks like my crew won out over yours with our big Rummy game! Aaron's very hard to beat, so you'd better enjoy the picture of that mouse since you won't be seeing it in person anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, your nephew Aaron sounds like a very efficient Rummy player and will probably not be beat.