Thursday, December 15, 2005

Perspective

One of my responsibilities as a minister is to visit folks in the hospital. I gotta be honest...not always my favorite thing to do, but I know its part of ministry and some folks really appreciate you coming by to visit.

Today I made a visit at a hospital to a family in our church...they have a 14 month old baby who has already been through the mill with different medical problems. Ten minutes before I arrived, mom and dad got news from a pathology report showing this precious little baby has cancer in her brain. I wasn't quite sure what to say or even do...that's why I don't like going to hospitals. But we had a chance to cry together and pray.

Today I thought about some of the challenging things that I'm facing in different areas of my life...that has all changed after today’s visit. They really don't seem all that challenging. It's all about perspective. Please say a prayer for this family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, You are so right about this... it's all about how you look at things. When we look at our health and our wealth, and compare that to the health and wealth of people around our community and the world, then we have no choice but to bow down and worship God and praise Him for His blessings. I love you, Bird