Thursday, February 08, 2007

Old Crow Medicine Show


Something maybe you didn't know about me...I'm a fan of bluegrass music. No really, I am...I've always enjoyed this very unique genre of music. Maybe because I’m a guitar player and one of the first songs I ever learned was ‘Rocky Top.’

Tonight after I dropped Bryan off for aikido, I figured I had about an hour and a half to kill…I had heard that a bluegrass concert was going on at EKU (now I’m thinking bluegrass and college students? No way!) Way! Soooo I headed over to Brock auditorium and scored me a ticket (it was a sell out!). The band…Old Crow Medicine Show…WHO? Never heard of them, but they had a huge following…I guess sorta like one of those underground cult followings.

ANYhow…got to listen in on about 6 or 7 songs and wow! Very talented musicians, very versatile musicians…I found myself tapping my toes a bit…the crowd was rowdy and pumped…and all the while I’m thinking, ‘Who are these guys?’ You can go here to check out them out…I enjoyed my hour of bluegrass tonight. It was kinda nice to mix things up a bit in my schedule…doing something a little out of the ordinary.

Oh yea…it was THE first BLUEGRASS concert that I went to where they were frisking people before you went in! That was kinda odd…wasn’t sure what I was getting into at first.

No comments: