Sunday, February 25, 2007

a weekend spent with 4,000


This past weekend I took 37 of our middle school yutes and leaders to the Believe Conference in Cincy, OH. This was like the 4th year that we've been...and what a weekend!! Dang...4,000 middle schoolers!! Craziness, but a real blast.

C.I.Y. (Christ In Youth)is the ministry that puts this on and let me tell you, they do an incredible job. Great worship...great speaker...great weekend.

A highlight for me...my son Bryan went; it was his first conference since with us. I told him before we left that I would do my best to be his youth minister this weekend and not a dad (unless I deemed it necessary). We jumped around together as we worship in the "mosh pit"...at one point during a slower set he came up and leaned against me and grabbed my arms from behind...what a moment that I tried to really savor. I love my son...and that moment was just one of those "I'll never forget this time" experiences.

When we got home last night I crashed and was out. What a way to spend a weekend...4,000 yutes!

No comments: