Sunday, May 06, 2007

The BIG News!

Let’s let the “cat” out of the bag!

Almost two years ago God began "a stirring" in my heart, my life concerning ministry. This is my 18th year as a youth pastor…here are a few words to help describe this kind of ministry: incredible, challenging, exciting, some times want to pull your hair out, humbling, emotional, awesome, thrilling, stirring, moving, funny, rollercoaster ride, electrifying, amazing, unbelievable, overwhelming, speechless…I could go on and on!

But for sometime now I have sensed Gods calling into a new season of ministry for my life. So as of this morning First Baptist Church voted me in as the Associate Pastor. This is not only a new position for me, but also for FBC. Talk about a humbling time this morning! I can’t begin to tell you how affirming people have been since it was announced two weeks ago that I was “the candidate” for this position.

So, it’s a new chapter, a new era, stage, whatever you want to call it…I’m excited about this new challenge. The best news of all is the fact that we are going to remain at FBC and what a home that it has been for me and my family.

So that’s the “big” news…I won’t begin officially until we have a youth interim in place. We want our youth ministry to keep right on going and growing…so there will be a transition time, but a very exciting time.

Please pray for me in this new adventure in life…please pray for our youth ministry as we begin a new search for a new youth minister. We are the search teaming-est church around, and I love it because it’s a sign of growth!

2 comments:

+ Alan said...

Cool deal man. I pray the Holy Spirit uses you in significant ways to help form the people there. Peace.

ann said...

That's amazing. Blessings on the new direction for you! That's great that you guys are staying at FBC! It's such a wonderful church!