Sunday, May 27, 2007

Random thoughts, etc.

Alright...it's Sunday afternoon and it's sunny and hot outside. Following our worship this morning we officially started Family Home Week. We encourage families to make it a point to spend a little more time together. We, as a church, help with this by...not having evening worship tonight and no meetings or gatherings throughout the whole week. I like family home week!

RANDOM STUFF...
-Friday night watched a crew of our seniors graduate from high school. I gotta say it's a really cool thing to have watched these youth growing up since 6th grade.

-We went and saw Pirates 3 Saturday afternoon...it was good...a thumbs up. I love all the Pirate movies, the first one is my favorite. But dang if the new one is not like 6 hours long (actually 2:45).

-The Cincinatti Reds STINK...they own the worst record in baseball. I'm still a fan!

-I'm conteplating taking some golf lessons. I'm just too inconsistent of a player and for some reason that's driving me nuts this year.

-Our lawn mower is on the fritz...it started smoking the other day. I've had this one for almost 6 years now. Our new yard is ROUGH!! Until we get more grass growing, it's going to be a struggle. Plus the back yard is nothing but a big ole hill. So we've looking at some new ones with a little more power.

-Remember my knee surgery I had a little over a year ago?? Seems I'm getting a settlement ($$$) because it was a workers comp situation. I had no idea! Too bad most of it may be going for a new mower...that stinks...hey just like the Reds.

-I haven't began the transition yet into my new position as associate pastor...we are still looking for a youth interim. We should know something this week. I am preaching here in a few weeks...our pastor will be out of town for two weeks...really looking forward to this (to preaching that is!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE family home week~ I still think you all should be off all week though. that would be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeff! We just stumbled across your little part of the web and have enjoying reading/skimming through your blog. That is wonderful about you becoming associate pastor! We have been attending Immanuel in Lexington for the past few months and just heard the news. :) Hope you and your family are having a blessed summer so far!

In His love-
Jenni Webb and Nate Reynolds

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff Prosser said...

Hey Jenni and Nate...

Glad you stopped by...pretty crazy how technology connects people together. Blessings on you guys.