Thursday, May 17, 2007

Last R.I.O.T.


For the past eight years on Wednesday nights (during the school year)...our youth ministry has a 'thang' called RIOT (Radical Impact On Teens). The best way to describe RIOT...a HIGH ENERGY / HIGH VOLUME youth worship experience. Full of live music, relevant teaching from the Bible, etc. all for yutes!

Well, last night was our last RIOT of the school year and for that matter my last RIOT. As I have shared in a previous post I’ll be soon transitioning to a new role in ministry as associate pastor here at FBC.

What a great stinking night it was! The house was packed out...present youth and some youth that had since graduated, parents, youth leaders. The volume was EXTRA loud...we worshipped and remembered together of the years past. I'm a big picture taker...in our youth area it's full of 8 x 10's of events, faces, experiences. So last night I put together a 15 minute slide show of years past to the present...man was it cool to watch.

At one point the youth asked me to come down, they laid hands on me and prayed over me. Talk about an emotional time...dang! Afterwards, they had a huge cake...we ate and hugged and shed a few tears. But it's all good...cause the best part of this whole deal is that we are not leaving FBC, I'll just be in a different role. Yea, it will be different...but that's okay, God is, even as I type, preparing the next youth minister to come and continue this ministry. It will be exciting to see what happens over the next couple years in this youth ministry. I'm just thrilled to be able to still be a part of their lives.

Love you FBC yutes...you've given me much joy in my life!

No comments: