Monday, May 14, 2007

Questions to ask yourself


I got this from a fellow blogger and I thought it was very in your face and vital to anyone who is in ministry...I hope it makes you think, it did me:

If you are involved in ministry, church staff, etc. ask yourself...



1. Am I living above reproach? (1 Timothy 2:20-21)
2. Is this job my passion or my paycheck?
3. Am I in line with where we are going as a church?
4. Do I feel like I deserve more? (You shouldn't)
5. Am I reflecting on how things used to be or passionate about how things are going to be?
6. Do I feel like I have to "kill time" because there is "nothing to do?" (There's always something to do when you're in the 'people business')
7. Do I fully trust the leadership? (1 Thes. 5:12-13)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like this is good for anyone who is a follower of Christ, not just on a church staff or in the ministry.
Good questions!

Geron Brown said...

hey buddy if you don't think you deserve more, you can send the difference between your new and old salary to chattanooga. just kidding...i think