Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday & goals for 2008

I took Bryan to school this morning...I really love taking B to school. Sometimes we'll rock out to some tunes on the way, sometimes he'll try and catch a few more Z's, sometimes we'll make a Starbucks stop. However we arrive, I just enjoy starting my day with him...it strikes me every now and then that he is 11 going on 18! So, I want to really savor and soak in moments like these, I won't always have them.

Next topic:

Goals for 2008! I like to think of myself as a goal setter...having something to work towards helps my motivation, plus I want to try and stretch myself in my goals. So here are just a few that I'm working towards for 2008 (no particular order):

-learn to speak Spanish
-make more life memories with Holly and Bryan
-Live life more on the offense
-Read more books
-begin running again (I haven't been able to do as much since knee surgery)
-make more efforts to spend time with friends
-shoot a 79 in golf!
-Learn how to Ballroom dance (already started on this one! Go here and see!)
-That this time next year we'll have a little girl in our family (adopting!)
-Be more community minded in ministry
-Be more REAL and RELEVANT in my relationship with Jesus Christ...I want my life to be a life of worship to God...to bring Glory to His name.

There ya go...that's just a few. I think they are attainable, yet able to stretch me out just a bit. Feel free to hold me accountable!

No comments: