Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ryder Cup Baby


I posted awhileback that Holly got me two ticket's to the Tuesday Ryder Cup practice...dang, what a wife that I have! Thanks Bird!!

So Holly and I went up to the Ville on Monday night...stayed at mom's...got up early Tuesday morning and headed to Valhalla. We parked at the Fairgrounds and were transported to the course...the traffic scene was NUTS!

This was my third time to Valhalla and Holly's first...and it was super sweet! If you have never been to a PGA event you ought to go sometime...even if it's just for the scenery. The course was beyond finely manicured...you would have never known the remnants from hurricane Ike were there.

And if you are unfamiliar with the Ryder Cup...well it's big, it's way beyond big. It's the Crème de la crème of golf tournaments, happens every two years, so almost Olympic like.

We saw all of the players on both sides, USA and the Europeans. Took some great pics, scored a few autographs and even got a picture with Butch Harmon (Tiger and Phil Mickleson's swing coach).

It ought to be a great weekend of golf...the Europeans have taken the US to school the last several Ryder Cups. I'll be watching this weekend...will you??

4 comments:

Robo said...

Dude,
Did you see JB Holmes drive the
338 downhill par 4 with an island green?

Bird's Words said...

yes we did!! Even I knew that was sweet.

Jeff Prosser said...

Doesn't that giant Ryder Cup look like it's coming out of my head??

Robo said...

" Nice Ryder Cup "

" Thanks, I just had it surgicly implanted "